Friday, April 16, 2021

Fandom (Famous Series #3)


Eden Finely's latest edition to her Famous Series...Book #3 is titled "Fandom".

["DENVER

Everyone remembers the night the boy band Eleven broke up. Hearts shattered around the world, including my own.

I made a mistake, and I’ve been avoiding bandmate Mason Nash ever since.

At first it was hard, but eighteen months ago, he made it easier by leaving Hollywood and disappearing.

When Eleven reunion talks start, I’m against it completely. I could really do with the publicity, but I don’t want to face Mason again. I’m sure he won’t want to see me either.


MASON

I don’t miss LA or anyone in it. Not even the guys from Eleven.

So, when they turn up on my doorstep talking about reunions, the last thing I want to do is hear them out.

I hold strong too. Until my eyes land on Denver Smith.

My ex-best friend.

Two and a half years ago, he ghosted me, and I still don’t know why.

I want answers—I miss him—but I don’t want to let him back into my life if there’s a chance he’ll walk away again."]

The last two standing (well, if we ignore Blake for now) from Eleven who haven't yet found love...yet... (because, recap: Harley fell in love with bodyguard and Ryder fell in love with his nanny--all secret HEA of course, because paparazzi, obviously). Except Denver and Mason end up finding it together. Again, obviously. ;)

I don't know if my heart just wasn't in this one, but I just...kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. I almost dreaded reading it. Which I hated about myself and about the book even more. Which sucked. A lot.

But all and all, it actually was really good. Really heavy in parts. Really dark in parts. But cute and fluffy and it made me remember why I fell in love with the Famous Series in the first place.

Also, I thought this would be the last one in the series. But there was heavy implications in the novel itself that there would be a fourth installment for Blake. And then a pretty clear clue in the author's note that she was indeed working on something special for him. So, there's that. :D

Trigger Warnings: addition, suicide, death/dying, body image issues, depression

#popstar #spotlight #lockedheart #thornedheart #fandom #famous #famousseries #edenfinley #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye, September!

September seemed long as hell, as if August was months ago; though, its been almost-October for weeks as well. I'm not sure what that sa...