Sunday, April 4, 2021

Virgin Flyer

One of Lucy Lennox's only completely stand-alone novels (they can all be technically "stand-alone" but most of them are a part of a series...you know what I mean): "Virgin Flyer"

["Wanted: One night together, no strings attached. Hold me, make love to me, treat me like I’m the most important person in the world. No talking. No names. And don’t be surprised if I’m gone in the morning.

After crushing on my best friend for years, I realize he’ll never want someone inexperienced like me. So I decide to get it over with, play the V-card once and for all with an anonymous hook-up. The terms are simple: no talking, no names.

It isn’t as easy as it seems. Now I can’t get the handsome stranger who greeted me with soft kisses and gentle touches out of my mind. Those hands, those lips... But it was just a one-time thing, and I need to forget about him once and for all.

At least I know I won’t ever see him again—until I board a flight and catch sight of a familiar profile in the cockpit just as the door closes."]

Kind of like "Hot Ride", I had a small problem with the whole concept of virginity and losing one's virginity and the entire stigma of being a virgin. The entire fucking concept is so toxic and full of patriarchal shit. It's all just a fucking concept (pun not intended here) is just to trap women (well, everyone really, but its mainly a female-centric issue) between a rock and a hard place (or a virgin and a slut conundrum). But enough of that mini Ted Talk ... onto the actual book review...

This couple was sooooo fucking cute! And they were so obviously made for each other, but they didn't want to admit it and didn't want to talk about it and didn't want to confront their feelings (because A said that he was just in it for the night--and then for the fake dating thing (spoiler alert, sorry)---and B said he wasn't ready for a real relationship anyway).

Idiots.

And, I'm not a fan of Milk Duds, but this book made me want to go out and buy myself a box.

READ THIS. It was sooooo fucking cute! (I said that already). But I just, I loved these two. They were so fucking gone for each other. And so sweet to each other and all of the tropes!!! D: :D 

#virginflyer #lucylennox #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Me If You Love Me

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Rhys Everly's "Text Me ...