Thursday, June 13, 2024

Anyone But Me


I'm trying to tackle and fight myself into a new path in life. In doing so, I've adding more things to my To Do lists and more things to my TBR lists. BUT that also means more ARCs for me! :D Here's JD Frost's "Anyone But Me." It debuts July 1, 2024.

["Oakley Farrow is your typical high school senior. He stays up late cramming for finals. He has impossible deadlines to meet. He worries about his future as graduation lurks just around the corner.

He has to defend himself from his abusive uncle.

He has to keep his sister safe.

He has to survive the constant torture from his bully, Asher Brooks - the seemingly arrogant and cruel star quarterback.

Okay, so maybe not your 𝒕𝒚𝒑𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 high school senior.

But when things start to change - when Asher notices the bruises marring Oakley’s skin, the ones he didn’t put there, and that evil gleam in his eye morphs into one of concern - one thing is for certain: his life just got a whole lot more complicated."]

Holy. Shit. This book was glorious and dark and all of the tropes but sweet and spicy and found family and true love and all of the plot twists and enemies-to-lovers and happily ever after and character redemption and justice is served. My. Fucking. God.

Trope 1 (here for it): "'Oakley...' His throat bobs on a hard swallow. When he finally tears his gaze away from my ribs, his expression is completely different. His eyes are hard, his jaw clenched. And when he speaks, his voice is angrier than I've ever heard it. 'Who did this to you?' // My entire body erupts in a violence shudder, from... the pain." Suuuuure, Oakley, "the pain." ;)

Trope 2 (here. for. it.): "His forehead settles against ind with a soft thump, our lips still touching 'You wanna know why? he murmurs. It's because I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you okay?' His throat bobs with an audible click. 'Anyone but me.'"

Now THIS book is all of the things. It will stick with me for a while. These two, their story, their love, their fight for freedom, their happily ever after. It was beautiful. 

This book isn't even out yet, and I want MORE, more of them, more of JD's stuff (but this is her first novel soooo...you should go read it and review it for her).

Trigger Warnings: physical abuse, emotional abuse, alcohol addiction, mentions of drug abuse, bullying, mentions of attempted suicide, grief, violence, gun violence, threats, offensive language, death (not of either MC), attempted murder (not between MC’s), and more

#booksprout #indieauthorcreative #arcs #arcteammember
#anyonebutme #jdfrost #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Me If You Love Me

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Rhys Everly's "Text Me ...