Monday, June 3, 2024

His Hunter (Omegas After Dark #1)


I'm trying to tackle and fight myself into a new path in life. In doing so, I've adding more things to my To Do lists and more things to my TBR lists. BUT that also means more ARCs for me! :D Here's MM Farmer's latest. "His Hunter" is the first novel in her new Omegas After Dark series. It debuts June 7, 2024.

["The Dark Fantasies Club can make your wildest dreams come true…

Ari
An arranged marriage to a first-class, high-society jerk means that my life as I know it is just about over. The wedding is only weeks away, so I only have one chance to give myself a memory I won’t ever forget. Through the Dark Fantasies Club, I’ve found an alpha who can fulfill my primal fantasy of being chased through the forest, captured, and taken through heat in the most brutal way possible, just like I’ve always dreamed about.
Falling hard for my alpha hunter was not part of the deal, though…

Samson
I moved to Barrington to get away from bad memories of my time on the force, working in the Missing Persons Unit. But even as an ex-cop, I need to get my rocks off somehow, and the Dark Fantasies Club is perfect for that. Ari is the perfect fantasy partner, too. But the more I learn about his reasons for contracting me for play, the more I want to help him in reality.
And when our fake danger turns very, very real as we discover we’re not alone in the forest, I might just have to be the savior he’s needed all along…."]

Just when you think MM can't, she comes up out of nowhere and proves that she fucking CAN. This book was soooo gooooood! It was everything promised (all the sweetness and omega-y-ness of Bangers and Mash plus some darker kinks and trigger warnings) and more (soooo much bonding and Feels and going-scorched-earth and throwing yourself in front of bullets and *fangirl swoon*).

I would have read this in a single setting if it wasn't for Life (sleeping, chores, work(ish), ect). And I'd continue sitting here without moving (or eating/drinking) if I had access to book two (that spoiler was too much for my mushy, angsty brain to handle).

Trigger Warnings: violence, drugs, guns, threats, and more

#gayromancereviews #arcs #arcteammember
#hishunter #hiscaptor #mmfarmer #omegasafterdark #omegasafterdarkseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Never Say Never (Vitale Brothers #4)

I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (a series I've had on my long-term TBR list...a few time...