Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Switch & Burn (Royal Bastards MC: Idaho Springs Chapter #1)


Small break (again) in reading my ARCs to read some novellas. Here's "Switch & Burn" by Bink Cummings. It is the first book in the Royal Bastards MC: Idaho Springs Chapter series.

["For years, I thought I'd never be free.
Until they found me.
For months, I thought I had to fight every day to show I'm strong.
Until they grew tired and sent me away.
Within minutes of arrival, I found home.
With him.
The savior of my story.
Burn.
VP of the Royal Bastards MC and curator of the club's underground fighting world.
He saw in me what others could not.
I owe him my life...
But hope he'll accept my heart in its place."]

This one was a hard one. It covered soooo many dark topics. So many crushed souls and ruined moments. So many fucking trigger warnings.

This story wasn't so much a love story as a redemption story, a story of exploration, and a story of self. That just so happened to have love. It was about finding yourself, finding a home, and finding a family. It was about acceptance and vengeance. And some serious murder boyfriend moments. ;)

Quote of the Day: "To make it clear to the brotherhood, in case they haven’t gotten the memo, I point my blade at Switch. “Mine,” I declare. // ‘Yours,’ he mouths, trying to tame his smile and failing. // Goddamn love. See what it does to us? Makes me go soft and shit."

Trigger Warnings: graphic violence, physical/emotional/psychological abuse, human-trafficking, sex-trafficking, rape (on-page but non-graphic), PTSD, underground fighting, injuries, internalized homophobia, and more.

#switchandburn #bunkcummings #royalbastardsmc #royalbastardsmcseries #royalbastardsmcidahospringschapter #royalbastardsmcidahospringschapterseries #idahospringschapter #idahospringschapterseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Hide Your Mermaid Child (Closet Baby Chronicles #5)

Continuing to be off the rails when it comes to ARCs and TBRs (I need a small mob/dark romance break). Here's Anna Winehearts's &quo...