Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Unhinged Titan (North Shore Titans #3)


Here's E.V. Olsen's latest series North Short Titans. The third novel in this series is "Unhinged Titan." It will debut July 11, 2024.

["Falling for the unhinged Titan was never in the playbook.

Taking the job as assistant coach for Crestwood’s hockey team is supposed to be my fresh start—until I meet Viktor Novotny.

The uncontrollable goalie is a chaotic force, pushing every boundary and testing the limits of my self-control. His ice-blue eyes follow me everywhere, making him impossible to ignore.

He’s not just trouble—he’s the exact kind I need to avoid.

When an explosive confrontation morphs into a pulse-pounding encounter, I cross the line between coach and player, torn between responsibility and forbidden desire.

But Viktor's the most exhilarating gamble I've ever taken, and the harder I fight my feelings, the clearer it becomes . . . He needs me just as fiercely as I crave him, and he'll stop at nothing to claim me as his own."]

God, what is it about the over the top, psychotic, really actually toxic alpha types that's addictive as hell. I mean, there's knight in shining armor (who, honest to god, Viktor claimed to be), then there's morally gray, then there's Viktor. Honestly, I can't get enough of this series (and these Titans, holy fuck). 

Viktor, page 18: "Oh, this is going to be fun. He doesn't realize it yet, but he's already mine. I've decided I want him, and I'll make I consume his every thought--during practice, in the locker room, even in his dreams." I'm not sure if I should be fangirl-smirking with Viktor or warning Beckett of his impending fall (into love, not from grace...hopefully not, probably not, but you never know with Vitkor).

Though Beckett isn't any better. Honestly. The possessiveness? That scene in the club?? The nicknames??? The nicknames!!! Viktor is Chaos. Some of the other nicknames: chaotic demon, chaotic brat, chaotic hurricane, chaotic shit. All said with love and adoration (and well, frustration--we're being honest after all). He's equally as toxically in love with Viktor as Viktor is with him. It's a beautiful balance (balance that Viktor needed and chaos that Beckett needed). 

I should mention, even though it is mentioned below, there is some pet related triggers. Mouse (the cat (who, spoiler alert, Viktor calls his princess)) is okay. She is more than okay, but there was an off-page past moment and an on-page current moment where she almost wasn't (but don't worry, most of the other triggers are because Viktor took care of that asshole...spoiler alert). 

Trigger Warnings: violence, cannibalism, bullying, mention of incest, murder, mention of past animal abuse, pet being put in danger (but is saved), stalking, dubcon, questionable power dynamic, and more.

#booksprout #arcs #arcteammember
#savagetitan #brutaltitan #unhingedtitan #forbiddentitan #ruthlesstitan #northshoretitans #northshoretitansseries #evolsen #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Me If You Love Me

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Rhys Everly's "Text Me ...