Friday, July 5, 2024

Never Say Never (Vitale Brothers #4)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (a series I've had on my long-term TBR list...a few times). Here's "Never Say Never." Its the fourth book in Brea Alepoú and Skyler Snow's Vitale Brothers series.

["I’d do anything for my family. Even go undercover and devote my life to the FBI so they can continue to thrive. Everything I do is for the Vitale name. I just have to focus, complete my job, divert attention and stay out of trouble.

But trouble finds me.

Not just me, but York Washington. He’s my boss, but more than that he’s my friend. When he and his daughters are thrown into danger I have no choice but to step into the light. Finally, I get to go back home.

But home is a strange hellscape I no longer understand.

While a war wages on, I’m caught between who I am and who I was with a man I’ve betrayed. There’s no happily ever after for me."]

These two were a headache. Sure, they never should have worked (but neither should Enzo and Tex), but they each figured out how to grow and how to compromise. They sacrificed things for each other but hurt each other and got hurt because of each other, but at the end of the day love dominates (as does family--especially the Vitale family).

Paulo...about himself: "No one said I was sane in the head...Maybe it was in my genetics to be a menace." You are not wrong. Whatsoever. Each Vitale brother is fucking insane (but also adorable as hell--I mean, should we be surprised, with Gin as his twin, that Paulo names his bats????).

Paulo about York: "If he wasn't a law abiding citizen, he'd make one hell of a mafia boss." Paulo was tooooootally not drooling while thinking this. ;)

Only complain: I wanted more Paulo and Gin page-time, but I understand, after every thing Gin's been through, that he needed time.

Trigger Warnings: gore, blood, death, violence, light stalking, off-page sex trafficking, and more.

#takemeapart #paidinfull #sayido #neversaynever #enditall #vitalebrothers #vitalebrothersseries #breaalepoú #skylersnow #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Totally Opposed (Love in Play #3)

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Becca Jackson's "Totall...