Monday, July 27, 2026

Hazard (Mike Bravo Ops #5)


Here's Eden Finley's Mike Bravo Ops series. "Hazard" is the fifth novel in this series. 

["HAZARD
Joining the infamous Mike Bravo Ops to meet the godfather I never knew doesn’t go the way I expect. I’m hoping to meet the man I’ve only read about in my late father’s journals, someone who’s warm, caring, and a ride or die. But when I arrive, all I get is coldness and hostility from someone who doesn’t even want to know me.
I don’t understand how he can be the same man my father wrote so passionately about. Or why I find him annoyingly attractive.

DECAF
I’ve been through a lot in my lifetime—rejection from my family, enlisting in the military, a literal warzone—but nothing, nothing, comes close to the day I lost my best friend.
He’s the reason I have nightmares and hate sleeping, the reason I drink so much coffee. Now, his grown son shows up in my life, and there are so many reasons I don’t want him anywhere near me. Mike Bravo Ops is dangerous, and if Hazard stays here, there’s no way I can fulfil the promise I made to his father to protect him. The best way I can do that is if he stays as far away from me as possible.
But he has a familiar stubborn streak, and when he refuses to leave, he gives me no choice but to commit to my protector role.
If only I didn’t find it so confusing.
We have a connection, but how genuine can it be when the ghost of his father haunts us both?"]

Whelp, I ended the last book crying. Started this book crying. Fun times. Thanks, Eden. 

These two didn't have it easy. There were secrets and such heavy guilt, grief in sooo many different stages and cycles. Not to mention the fucking burn notices (*heavy af sigh*). There was so much happening, but it never felt like too much. 

But the love and dedication (not to mention the possession and protection and obsession) between these two, through it all, through all of the heartache and the danger (though these men like their danger), they figured it out (and had quite a few people cheering for them).

I don't love series that seem to go on forever and ever just because it's popular, BUT I kinda hate that this book is over. I looove these men. They're insane and giant toddlers and somehow still so wholesome for having favorite weapons and C4 uses. I'll certainly miss them (and fuck me, but Iris is still my favorite)--though maybe they'll get a cameo/mention like Ezra and Harley did in a new series.

Trigger Warnings: violence, murder, car bombs, hospitalization, PTSD, loss of a friend and loss of a parent, associated grief, the government being the government, past military homophobia, and more. 

#iris #rogue #atlas #zeus #hazard #angeldomino #edenfinely #mikebravoops #mikebravoopsseries #popstar #famous #famousseries #thornedheart #cashemeoutside #cashmeoutsideseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hazard (Mike Bravo Ops #5)

Here's Eden Finley's Mike Bravo Ops series. "Hazard" is the fifth novel in this series.  [" HAZARD Joining the infamo...