Monday, August 3, 2026

Bratva's Mercy (Bratva's Undoing #3)


Here's Gianni Holmes's "Bratva's Mercy." It's the third novel in her her Bratva's Undoing series.

["Leo Cavanagh lost his husband less than a month ago.
A brutal murder I helped cover up for the Morozov Bratva.
That should’ve been the end of it.

Instead, I watch him.
Wait for the moment he looks at me and doesn’t see a monster.

When he finally gives me a chance, I take it.
And for the first time, I give someone everything—my heart, my body… my soul.
But nothing about Leo is simple.

Everyone thinks he's using me.
I say his feelings are real.
But even if they aren't, it's already too late, because he is mine."]

These two were complicated. One all in and utterly devoted, willing to walk away from almost everything for this feeling in his chest that he didn't fully understand until it was far too late. And one falling despite himself, walking the fine line of new love and old love (moving on and holding grudges). 

None of their love story so far was easy. It was rough and rocky, it was hurt/comfort, it was a ticking time bomb of dislike turning to something much deeper while the domesticity gets higher. 

Well, at least this book didn't end on a sad and rather massive cliff hanger like Wren's first book...just a massive sense of doom. Fun. Thooouuugh, I did really love seeing that single chapter in Wren's POV. 

Trigger Warnings: self-harm, murder, torture, fatal overdose from clubbing, stalking, attempted suicide by a minor character, attempted murder, the medical resuscitation of an individual, the staging of a murder to look like suicide, grieving the murder of a spouse, on-page graphic description of a body falling from a high-rise building, and more.

#bratvasintern #bratvasvow #bratvasmercy #bratvaswrath #bratvasbrat #bratvasundoing #bratvasundoingseries #gianniholmes #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Puck Them (Lakeview Cougars Hockey #1)

Here's Jenn Bullard's "Puck Them." It's the first novel in the Lakeview Cougars Hockey series. ["This is my team....