August was...a rollercoaster. And I'm telling myself it's all for the best.
2026 Resolutions:
(1) Don't stop reading
(b) Complete Monthly Reading Challenge(s)
(2) Make memories
(3) Share love of books/reading
(4) Be kinder to myself
(1) Book's Read This Month: 48 (a lot of novellas) (though, I might squeeze one more in before midnight).
(b) Monthly Reading Challenge(s): Shape = Leo. Got some A-Z stuff recorded. Some ARCs. Got a lot of Beat The Backlog done.
(2) August Memories: Dinner with my best friend, then dinner with both of my best friends. Sooo much work (10-14 hours worth of work in 7-8 hours--for two+ weeks). Visited my sister, dog-sat for my sister, and helped my sister prep for a cross-country move (yes, another one). Then my job and I...broke up; it was sudden and it sucked and it wasn't my choice and I was angry and soo upset. So here's to trying to find some new passion.
(3) Posts this month (including this one): 45.
(4) My depression this month really got a go. I was a little low at the beginning of the month, but the end of the month was really bad. I struggled with sadness and fatigue and body aches. It lasted (the really bad parts) for at least a week; it's gotten a little better. But the existential crisis is back. As is the pure hatred of capitalist societies, especially the state of our society. I wasn't eating, then I wasn't eating well. The future is unknown and that's terrifying, but I'm trying to take it a day at a time. I keep telling myself that all of the change recently is a blessing in disguise.
Anyone still holding onto their resolutions?
Any exciting September reads? Any existing 2026 reads?
Anything I should check out?
#newyearsresolutions #goodbyeaugust #helloseptember #hello2026 #dontstopreading #makememories #shareloveofbooks #shareloveofreading #bekindertomyself #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment