Here's E.V. Olsen's latest series: South Shore Serpents (a spin-off of the North Short Titans series). The first novel in this series is "Monstrous Serpent."
["I was never anyone's first choice. Until two monsters made me their only one.
One bad decision leads me into the woods and straight into the hands of two masked strangers who chase me through the dark, pin me down, and leave me questioning everything I thought I knew about myself.
Then I learn who they are.
Serpents.
And not just any Serpents, but six-foot-ten Hunter Kincaid and his other half, six-foot-eight Atlas Trembley.
Atlas gets under my skin like a splinter. He fights me, steals from me, and doesn't care that I want to kill him. He's counting on it.
Hunter doesn't speak. He takes. He decides. And he's decided on me.
They even call me Little Titan like I belong to them.
The worst part?
I want to belong to the two hockey players who fight over marshmallows and look at me like I'm the best thing that's ever happened to them.
But Hunter's past isn't done with him. And when it threatens to tear us apart, I learn exactly what kind of monsters my Serpents are."]
These three were hot fucking messes. All of the baggage, all of the pining, none of the communication. Not to mention the (on-purpose and on-accident) hurt/comfort, the rivalry, the baggage (sooo much baggage). At least Blue (*cough* Mr. Smooshy *cough*) was there to bring them all together.
One complaint: There were so many uses of last names and first names (between these three) that I got a little confused a few times. Then again, that could just be me and my lack of ability to remember names. I do wish I was able to retain past MC names and relationships, because this plot seemed to take place over some of that plot (and future book plot?), and I was lost (I took it with stride).
I canNOT wait for more from this team. More unhinged behavior. More over-the-top HEAs.
Trigger Warnings: off-page physical and emotional abuse by parents, scars, trauma responses, parental death prior to start of story, murder, graphic child abuse references, mention of serial murder of children, kidnapping, reference to human trafficking, violence, stalking, dubcon, ableism by tertiary character, severe injuries to MC, and more.
#booksprout #arcs #arcteammember
#monstrousserpent #wickedseroent #southshoreserpents #southshoreserpentsseries #northshoretitans #northshoretitansseries #evolsen #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment