Here's Ally Avery's "Ruined." It's the second novel in her newest series, Wrecked & Wrong.
["He was once the man who tucked me into bed, kissed my mom goodnight, and promised to keep us safe.
But when he walked out of my mom’s life, he walked out of mine, too.
He disappeared. Ruined everything we had.
Then, through a chance encounter you might call fate, we meet again.
He’s back in town, and he says he wants to make up for the time we lost. Take care of me again, like he used to.
I want that, but I also want him in a different way than when I was younger.
It’s dirty.
Wrong.
Inappropriate as hell.
But I crave it more than I crave my next breath.
Even if it’s wrong.
Even if he’ll leave me ruined."]
Well, I picked this book because I thought there were be less angst in here than the other books on my TBR-short-list. And this book made me cry anyway. a lot.
There was relationship angst. There was family angst. There was what-is-my-life angst. There was past emotional trauma angst. There was...a lot of angst. Overall, it was all minor by themselves, and maybe they only felt big all combined because my life is a hot mess at the moment, but it was not the easy book I was looking for.
Don't get me wrong. This book was glorious. And on a "normal" day, the angst would have been just right. These two had a push/pull and hurt/comfort that was painfully beautiful. Their old dynamic came back to them so easily, but with some new relationship upgrades.
Overall, this was an easy read (yes, I realize that I say that after talking about how angsty it was for me). The chapters ended with a smidge of clarity but just enough plot to put you forward and want more. Their relationship, while inconvenient and not easy for their family to accept, was simple. Their love story...a little rocky, but filled with so much communication and genuine care.
I want more of the twins. Nico and Luca were a lot, but they were amazing friends. I can't wait for them to get their forbidden HEAs. And Hunter, mysterious fucker.
Trigger Warnings: past parental abandonment/rejection, family conflict and disapproval, past parental infidelity, and more.
#bruised #ruined #wreckedandwrong #wreckedandwrongseries #allyavery #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment