Here's "Callous Shot" by Becca Steele. It's the second novel in the Cranham Kings series.
["Daniel Hoyton has been a thorn in my side for as long as I can remember. We play for rival hockey teams. We attend rival universities. Our families are on opposite sides of the law.
I hate him, with his irritatingly smug smile, his arrogance, and his inability to take anything seriously.
I want to wipe that smile from his face with my fist.
…Or my mouth.
I can’t decide if I want to punch him or kiss him, and it’s beginning to be a problem. A problem with big consequences. Not only is he completely wrong for me, but his family and friends are under investigation…and my uncle is in charge of the operation.
I know we’re going to crash and burn.
But I can’t seem to stay away from the flames."]
What is better than a hockey dark romance? Two of my favorite sub-genres/tropes all combined into an angsty, hidden-fluff hot mess wrapped in a knife-shoes bow.
TO BE UPDATED SOON
Trigger Warnings: organized crime/gang violence, death of a parent, references to past stillborn, references to past child abuse, and more.
#hostilegame #calloushot #beccasteele #cranhamkings #cranhamkingsseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment