Here's "Not Another Dark Romance" by Lexi Amber and Bec Benson, which is the first novel in the Unexpected Connections series.
["Mason
When I pretend like I’m a main character in one of my favorite dark romances and stalk my hot waiter, I never imagined I’d end up chained to the pole in his basement.
The outcome is better than I could’ve hoped for.
Zane insists he has to kill me because my stalking attempt led to him accidentally committing multiple crimes he thinks he needs to cover up. He keeps talking about loose ends, but I know he'd never really hurt me.
He's just fighting what we both know is inevitable.
We're meant to be together. All I have to do is convince Zane that giving in to his dark side is a lot more fun than resisting it."]
Somehow I was also surprised when Zane didn't go from "oh my god, I killed someone" to "oh my god, kinky sex" that very first night. Like, Mason, boo, I was somehow also convinced he'd be instantly all in. Not sure if that's the magic of dark romances or the magic of unreliable narrators (you, Mason, that would be you).
Zane might have been losing his mind half of the novel, but Mason was good. He was chill. He was so chill that it made Zane even more insane. He's either going to need a therapist (though, I think attempted murder and kidnapping cancels out the doctor-patient confidentiality) or...or some brat taming time.
God, these two were cute. Mason was all in right away, zero hesitation. Zane took longer. But the moment he realized he could trust Mason, a least a little bit, he jumped in with two feet. They matched each other sooo well. Adorable kinky men.
Not to mention Peit, shining little star. I looove how so many pets in the books I've been reading have been given Main Character Energy (they deserve it).
Trigger Warnings: dub-con, stalking, hitting someone with a car, kidnapping, knife play, and more.
#notanotherdarkromance #unexpectedconnections #unexpectedconnectionsseries #becbenson #lexiamber #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment