Here's May Archer's latest: "The Stargazers of Copper County." It's the prequel novella in her Copper County series.
["There’s nothing wrong with admiring a work of art, or so I tell myself…even when the admiring is more like peeping out my bedroom window, and the work of art is the shirtless, sweaty, body of the man who’s been mowing my lawn once a week.
But when Theo Ross peers in my window and catches me… er, mid-admiration… all bets are off.
It turns out Theo is more than someone pretty to look at. Soon we’re trading logic puzzles and drawings as coded messages, I’m inviting him inside for dinner and stargazing, and I can’t help wondering if what we’ve found isn’t a short-term thing… but something written in the stars for us all along."]
This blurb sounded familiar. But maybe it was just because I read the blurb before. Then I started reading it and things kept being familiar, like really familiar, like predicting exact plot points familiar. Except I don’t have this marked as read in GoodReads, and I can’t find a post of it from my blog. This HAD to have been a short story in an anthology somewhere.
This novella was fucking adorable. Easy chemistry, easy connection, easy first date turned into an easy relationship. Mutual, secret pining over the years. Teasing each other in the form of logic puzzles and doodles all disguising the flirting. A little bit of embarrassment and barely-there angst to push them together. As I said, fucking adorable.
#thestargazersofcoppercounty #thepretendersofcoppercounty #therivalsofcoppercounty #themisfitsofcoppercounty #mayarcher #coppercountry #coppercountryseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment