Here's Lucy Lennox's "Tracking Wolfe." It's the fourth book in her Made Marian Legacy series, which is a spin-off series from her Made Marian series and her Billionaire Brother series, and this book is set in the same area as her Aster Valley series (the first and the last are also connected to her Forever Wilde series).
["I’ve been in love with Trace Bishop half my life…
And I’ve been hiding it just as long.
He’s my father’s best friend.
The man who tracked me down and kept me safe my entire childhood…
The man who looked me in the eyes six years ago and said we were impossible.
So I poured my longing into love songs.
Songs no one knows are about Trace.
I shared them with the world under a secret identity and won a Grammy.
Just another thing to hide.
Then one stupid kiss changes everything.
Trace can’t want me back.
It would cost him his friends, his family, and the life he’s built.
And I’m tired of wanting the impossible.
So I run…
Straight into the crosshairs of someone who knows all my secrets and doesn’t care who gets hurt.
Trace does what he always does–he finds me.
But this time, he’s not tracking his best friend’s son.
He’s tracking the man whose kiss he can’t forget.
The man he’ll burn his life down to keep.
Because if Trace and I want a chance at forever, hiding is no longer an option."]
Lucy is always SOO good at making the mutual pining so incredibly sweet but also so incredibly painful. The angst is somehow romantic and we're okay with that. It blows my mind each and every time.
The utterly dedication after the MCs get through their angst? The utter devotion? The no-holds-bared out-loud obsession? The pure fluff? The perfect amount of spice? Allllll of the yyyeeesss.
I could live without the live-or-death situations in each book on this series, while in the middle of nature, with nature doing what nature does best. *sigh* I only mean that a little bit. It adds so much danger and suspense to the novel, but it also highlights how fucking competent the MCs are. It also further highlights that dedication and the protection (without smothering the other).
Am I thrilled that we get a bonus story for Val and Brennan? Hell yes. Am I thrilled that we have to wait months and months for Gabe's HEA? Not so much (tis the life of a reader though).
Trigger Warnings: blackmail, drugging, manipulation, kidnapping, and more.
#recusingdrmarian #burningforalexander #owningjett #trackingwolfe #holdinggabriel #mademarianlegacy #mademarianlegacyseries #mademarian #mademarianseries #thebillionairebrotherhood #thebillionairebrotherhoodseries # #astervalley #astervalleyseries #foreverwilde #foreverwildeseries #lucylennox #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment