Here's "Twisted Little Game" by Raleigh Reubins. It's the fifth novel in the Crimson College series.
["My stalker is a problem… but my bodyguard is a monster.
I never asked for Roman Petrov.
I made one mistake, got threats on my life, and now my brother hires me a bodyguard?
Roman is six-foot-five, pure muscle, and a gorgeous, scowling face.
I break a few of his rules on my first night of his protection.
Provoke him, 'til he pins me to the wall.
And something explodes between us when he lays his hands on me.
Our size difference sparks a pure physical addiction.
His two rules:
His family runs the mob… but we don’t talk about it.
And he’s usually 100% straight… but completely obsessed with me.
I can take a man who’s taller and bigger in every way.
As threats escalate, Roman demands I stay in his room, closer than ever.
When I’m attacked on campus, Roman’s unhinged, vowing to destroy anyone who hurts me.
He’s the heir to a powerful Bratva crime family, and war with the mafia is erupting now, too.
I know I’m in danger.
Lines blur between who I can or can’t trust.
But I have Roman close to me. And I believe it when he says I’m his."]
I have been WAITING for Roman's book!
Raleigh is reeeaaally good at the enemies to lovers NOT jumping right into soft feelings as soon as something dangerous or spicy or sweet happens. It's aggravating, but it's more real-to-life accurate. Saying that, I really like that these two weren't reeeaaally enemies. They didn't get along, but it didn't last long (and their original hostility wasn't actually with each other but with third parties).
So instead of enemies-to-lovers angst, we got when-will-they mutual pining. Arguably, that was worse. The pining even when they're ready to admit that their feelings are more than just lust and tentative trust. The pining when the feels are real but so is the danger.
They were sooo perfect for each other. Sweet and spicy. Challenging and caring. Lives completely different, but dreams explicitly the same.
SOO fucking here for Maks getting a book next!!!
Trigger Warnings: stalking, past parental childhood abuse, violence, intense criminal mob violence, past death/murder of a loved one, blackmail, gun violence, and more.
#darklittlegame #possessivelittlegame #recklesslittlegame #forbiddenlittlegame #twistedlittlegame #raleighruebins #crimsoncollege #crimsoncollegeseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment