Thursday, March 25, 2021

Jumping Jude (Made Marian Series #3)

I want to be a part of this fucking family!!!
Sorry, I guess I need to back up a bit...

The Made Marian Series by Lucy Lennox. It's a series of M/M novels that are all connected by the Marian Family. Each book gives another Marian brother a forever love. And god, I could barely get enough.
The third book is called "Jumping Jude"

["Jude: Reaching the top of the country music charts brings out the crazy, and there’s no one crazier than my ex. Unfortunately, his threats to out me are escalating. Enter the bodyguard of my dreams.

I’d probably chafe under his constant presence if his attention to my body wasn’t so… ah… thorough. Now I have to worry about outing myself to millions of fans if I can’t keep my hands off him in public.

Derek: Now I’m an ex-Marine turned babysitter. If I have to hear Jude sing his mega-hit Bluebells one more time, I might murder him myself, and after 6 years in special ops, I know my way around a weapon. Unfortunately, so does he. Except his arsenal includes washboard abs and a killer set of pipes.

I’ve faced guns, knives, explosives and yet it’s Jude Marian who may end up bringing me to my knees."]

Another day, another book playing off of the Whitney Houston/Kevin Costner "Body Guard" trope... and yet, it's still completely unique and beautiful and ... holy wow.

And the way that Lucy hinted (heavily if you ask me) at this pairing in the first novel is just...amazing. She almost flawlessly did this with all of the books in her series. Hinted at who was next or who might be matched up with who in the future and YUM.

These titles though! If you're like me, you read the title of a book when you start it and don't really think twice about it..ever.. But these titles, they're fucking fabulous when you realize how fucking accurate they are. Every. Single. One. The beautiful irony.

#borrowingblue #tamingteddy #jumpingjude #groundinggriffin #movingmaverick #deliveringdante #averymarianchristmas #mademarianshorts #mademarianmixtapes #mademarian #mademarianseries #lucylennox #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Me If You Love Me

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Rhys Everly's "Text Me ...