Monday, March 8, 2021

Pop Star (Famous Series #1)

Cue the Whitney Houston/Kevin Costner in "Body Guard" trope with Eden Finley's "Pop Star" (the first in the Famous Series)--which, Eden does reference at least once or twice in the novel itself (because who can you turn such a famous movie/trope into a novel without referencing it).

["Harley

What happens when the most successful boy band on the planet breaks up?
How about twenty thousand fans screaming my name.

But the price of fame comes with an increased risk to my safety.

I’ve been avoiding the dreaded B word for as long as I can, but after a close call with a rambunctious fan, I can’t do it anymore.

It’s time to give in.

I need to hire a full-time bodyguard.

And when he shows up, he not only screams badass, he’s another B word I try to stay away from: boyfriend material.

Brix

Protecting people is not what my company usually does, but the boss knows I need money, and the pop star is offering an insane amount to live with him and make sure no more crazy fans break into his house.

I’m doing it for the money and nothing else.

He may be the prettiest man I’ve ever seen, and I may feel sorry for the celebrity life he’s been forced into since he was a teenager, but that doesn’t mean anything.

Just because he fascinates me, that doesn’t mean I like him.

It doesn’t.

Professionalism. I’m gonna live it. Breathe it. Enforce it … Mostly."]

Who KNEW that a queer bodice-ripping novel would be so fucking action packed (I mean no pun intended with the fucking thing either--though there is a lot of that as well--but I guess you'll have to read it to see for yourself ;) ).

Honestly, every book I read I think, now THIS is my favorite one that So-And-So wrote. And again, I'm thinking that with "Pop Star" because FUCK was it good. All of the reassurances and protectiveness and dedication and singing (and sexual tension) and real-life Hollywood shit that is never talked about except for in books like this (where the Famous Person is all I Hate Hollywood's Shit).

Also, apparently "Pop Star" is a spin-off book/series from Eden's "Hat Trick" novel (from her Fake Boyfriend series), but I haven't started/read that series next so...here's to skipping around when necessary. ;)

One of these days, I'm going to have to stop procrastinating about writing and just do it instead of finding more and more books to read (which is hard because... 1: I got the Kindle Unlimited subscription and abusing it lately and 2: its soooo much easier to read than it is to write (even if reading so much makes me want to write so much--sigh, it's a horrible cycle really)).

#popstar #spotlight #lockedheart #thornedheart #fandom #famous #famousseries #edenfinley #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Howl Avery's "Sweet.&qu...