Monday, March 8, 2021

Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers Book #2)

Eden Finley's Steele Brothers Books (ending with with "Unspoken Vow") reminds me of Abbi Gline's very first book series (which I can't remember the title of but it has that whole Brothers Books romance thing). Except, Law and Anders Steele are queer (and have their equal amount of issues).

["𝙃𝙚’𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙧𝙪𝙣 𝙖𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢.

There’s a long list of things I don’t handle well:
Change.
Relationships.
Breakups.

But there’s one person above everything else I can’t seem to get a handle on.
𝘉𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘞𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦.
In short, he’s perfect. The reality, he scares me.

He’s the opposite of what I usually go for. He’s bigger. Intimidating. He reminds me of someone I’d rather forget.

When I need to find a new place to live, Brody offers me his spare room, but I have no plans on taking him up on the offer. He doesn’t know what happened to me five years ago, and I want to keep it that way.

But with limited options, I find myself outside his apartment holding a full moving box and wondering: How can I do this without exposing the darkest part of my past?"]

The giddiness I got while seeing the word "vow" speckled throughout the book was high. Just as high was the lows that Anders had (and that Eden wrote sooooo fucking perfectly and accurately and painfully).

PLEASE Take note of the trigger warnings mentioned in the beginning of the novel (physical/domestic abuse, PTSD, extreme anxiety--which didn't get to me while reading like it usually does, just a few hours and small/almost-panic attack later).

It was a hard read, but I seriously suggested doing so anyway. Yes, it is about surviving a very traumatic domestic abuse situation and getting through anxiety and trying to open up again and extreme anxiety/triggers, but its ultimately about just that. Surviving. The whole adopted/rescued cat trope in there as well was just sooooo fuuuucking perfect and helped add some of that fluff into all of the mania. But like I said, be prepared (Eden said she wrote the anxiety from her own experience, and in doing so, she left some of her own soul on the page).

#unwrittenlaw #unspokenvow #steelebrothers #edenfinley #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Howl Avery's "Sweet.&qu...