Thursday, April 8, 2021

Fake It Til You Make It (Love & Luck Series #1)


I was accidentally sidetracked by this series (Love & Luck) by Isla Olsen. The first book is titled "Fake It Til You Make It"

["It’s a classic story: Boy meets girl, girl breaks boy’s heart, boy pretends to be gay to get back at girl, girl outs boy to everyone on Facebook…

Okay, maybe it’s not that classic. But it’s what happened to me.

When I bump into my cheating ex and catch sight of the moon-sized rock on her finger, there’s only one option to save face: pretend to be dating my gay best friend, Declan.

And when she outs me on Facebook and everyone I know sees it, there’s still only one option: keep pretending to be dating Declan.

And when Declan and I have to kiss to keep up the ruse and it turns out there’s actually a spark between us (more like a blazing inferno, if truth be told) there’s once again only one option…"]

I can’t. I just love best friends to lovers tropes so fucking much. And this one was a nice change of pace (spoiler alert) because the already queer character (Declan) wasn’t hopelessly pining away for the straight one (Heath). Who, again spoiler alert, isn’t all that gay. 

There are a few queer erasure issues in the beginning, but then Heath does some research and figures out the error of his ways. And accidentally starts the whole sex thing off. Which I mean worked out for them, so like do you’re research people. 


Also, how I like it, Isla did great at pointing out possible matches/character who will be future main characters within the pages of this book (and so forth). But without actually giving too much away (more on that in the next post).

#fakeittilyoumakeit #virtuallyscrewed #crazylittlefling #hopelessbromantics #twomenandababy #cantgetyououtofmybed #islaolsen #loveandluck #loveandluckseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Me If You Love Me

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Rhys Everly's "Text Me ...