Thursday, June 20, 2024

Possessive Park Avenue Prince (Park Avenue Princes #4)


I still have SO many ARCS on my list and so many more on my TBRs short-list, but I need a break from being good. I can't remember when I first saw this series, but it keeps popping up (as does a few others, but I'm trying to be mostly good here--this book/series won out). "Possessive Park Avenue Prince" is the fourth (yes, I'm skipping around) novel in Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine's Park Avenue Princes series.

["Who are we? Like you even need to ask. We’re the seven richer-than-sin legacies causing debauchery at the prestigious Astor University in Manhattan.
Some call us spoiled.
Some call us trouble.
But everyone calls us the Park Avenue Princes.

Daire Connery
“The Bad Boy”

I’m not a man of many words. But when I do speak, it usually starts with F and ends with you.
Keep to myself. Don’t let anyone in. That’s how I like it.
That’s usually how everyone else likes it too. My scowl keeps them all away—all except him.

We may both be Park Avenue Princes, but we would never work.
We don’t belong in each other’s real worlds.
He’s too soft for mine; mine’s too harsh for his.

But I can’t stop thinking about him. About those pale grey eyes that see right through me. The ballsy way he gives right back whatever I dish out.
I like that. Respect it.
Want more of it…

Which is why when I find out his ex is bullying him, it makes me want to rip that bastard a new one. Makes me lose my goddamn mind.

Because no one touches Gavin Truitt. No one but me."]

My goD!!!!! When I thought the first book was fucking amazing?! This one topped it. BY. FAR.

Daire should have gotten his shit together sooner, but we'll give him the trauma out on this one. He didn't think he deserved someone to care about him, especially someone as bright and bold and beautiful as Gavin (I mean, he called Gavin "a beacon of holy light"--to which Gavin promptly did something that was very...unholy ;) ). 

Gavin didn't hold back; he was no shrinking violet. He stood up for himself. He stood up for Daire. He went toe-to-toe with and for Daire, when no one ever dared (pun not intended). He launched #OperationTortureDaire (in which torture means seduce) to get what he (and Daire) wanted when Daire was too scared to do it himself.

And their friends reactions to Daire falling in love!?! Fucking hilarious. 

It was a little reminiscent of Jamie McGuire's "Beautiful Disaster." But gay. Who knows what other 2000s/early 2010s novels I'll relive in the rest of this series...

Trigger Warnings: bullying (but they get what's coming to them...and more), domestic abuse (off-page), violence, fighting, and more.

#infamous #infamousparkavenueprince #insatiable #insatiableparkavenueprince #scandalous #scandalousparkavenueprince #posessive #posessiveparkavenueprince #salacious #salaciousparkavenueprince #notorious #notoriousparkavenueprince #parkavenueprinces #parkavenueprincesseries #ellafrank #brookeblaine #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Salacious Park Avenue Prince (Park Avenue Princes #5)

I knew being bad last week would pay off. ;) Taking an ARC and TBR break to read the Park Avenue Princes series (by Ella Frank and Brooke Bl...