Sunday, June 30, 2024

Two Straights Too Many (Heroes of Port Dale #1)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (getting one step closer to crossing another author off my to-binge list). Here's "Two Straights Too Many." It's the first book in Romeo Alexander's Heroes of Port Dale series.

["Elias: Moving to Daleport City to work at the local fire station was going to be hard. Then I met Cade. Turns out, I’d met my new best friend, and for two years, he’s been by my side through everything. The guys tease us about how close we are, but we’re straight, just good friends. Then Cade and I found ourselves having to pretend to date, pretend to be attracted to one another…And then we stopped pretending.

Cade: As if having a female stalker and a harpy for a mother wasn’t enough, I’m also in a fake relationship with my best friend? Then we ended up kissing…and more. Elias is straight, I’m straight, and we suddenly want to do not so straight things. That’s pretty much where I am now. So tell me… what am I supposed to do?

Elias and Cade, two straight firefighters and best friends, find themselves in a fake relationship that leads both men into territory they’ve never ventured into before. Can their friendship survive? Will they ever want to go back?"]

These two were freaking adorable! I mean, come one. Who doesn't love a best friends to lovers meets a fake dating situation? And add in supportive friends, surprisingly kind villains, and unsurprisingly unkind friends-turned-villains.   

Again, like with some of the bi-awakening books in the Men of Fort Dale series, there was just too much and not enough (yes, at the same time) moments of panic and processing. One MC freaked out too much, while one didn't seem to freak out enough. I feel like condensing some of it would have helped (or more fluffy scenes (or spicy scenes)).

#twostraightstoomany #hitormisskillorkiss #drawingthedoctor #unbreakmyheart #whereweleftoff #twobestmenonlyonebed #wheretheressmoke #romeoalexander #menoffortdale #menoffortdaleseries #heroesofportdale #heroesofportdaleseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Hide Your Mermaid Child (Closet Baby Chronicles #5)

Continuing to be off the rails when it comes to ARCs and TBRs (I need a small mob/dark romance break). Here's Anna Winehearts's &quo...