Monday, July 1, 2024

Hit or Miss, Kill or Kiss (Heroes of Port Dale #2)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (getting one step closer to crossing another author off my to-binge list). Here's "Hit or Miss, Kill or Kiss." It's the second book in Romeo Alexander's Heroes of Port Dale series.

["Clay: I’m an assassin, and I’m not ashamed of it. I’m good at what I do, and the people I kill deserve it. One more contract, one more hunt, one more kill. To be honest, it’s getting old. Until this latest job. Suddenly there’s someone between me and my target. What’s worse is he gets the better of me, twice! He’s a problem I’ve never had before…and maybe even more.

Elliot: After years in the Marines, and playing personal bodyguard, I thought I’d seen it all. An assassin coming after the philanthropist I’m paid to protect was a surprise, but not really a shock. The shock came later. The assassin is a killer with the most beautiful eyes, and damn it, I even trust him...and more.

Clay is paid to kill, Elliot is paid to protect…the same person. The two men stand no chance together. But things aren’t always what they seem. As Fate conspires to change the rules of the game, will she change the inevitable outcome?"]

These two were sooo much! I mean, what's more fascinating than a hired-killer falling for a hired-bodyguard. It's dark and twisty and forbidden and awesome. They both changed their views on life and morality and love. They grew as people because of the other person and their experiences.

The romance almost seemed sudden, but they spent so long getting to know each other that when the spice and fluff happened, it was inevitable. 

Trigger Warnings: foster care system, violence, horrible humans doing horrible things, and more.

#twostraightstoomany #hitormisskillorkiss #drawingthedoctor #unbreakmyheart #whereweleftoff #twobestmenonlyonebed #wheretheressmoke #romeoalexander #menoffortdale #menoffortdaleseries #heroesofportdale #heroesofportdaleseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

How To Hide Your Mermaid Child (Closet Baby Chronicles #5)

Continuing to be off the rails when it comes to ARCs and TBRs (I need a small mob/dark romance break). Here's Anna Winehearts's &quo...