Monday, July 1, 2024

Drawing the Doctor (Heroes of Port Dale #3)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (getting one step closer to crossing another author off my to-binge list). Here's "Drawing the Doctor." It's the third book in Romeo Alexander's Heroes of Port Dale series.

["Theo: I follow my passions, and if I happen to enjoy alcohol and sex, well, I’m an artist, right? No family or friends so I can do what I want, when I want. That is, until an incident lands me in hospital, and I find myself spellbound by the hot as hell doctor. One date turns into two, then three, and more. I don’t know what I want anymore, I’m falling, I’m drowning…it scares the hell out of me…Can he heal me?

Grant:My life has stagnated. I worked hard to become a doctor, and I love what I do. The routine leaves no room for dating, but that’s life, right? That is, until an artist who’s decorated himself as much as his canvases falls into my life. He’s wild, chaotic, a handful, and broken. He drives me crazy, but I’m starting to hope. Can I keep him forever? Can I heal him?

After an embarrassing first encounter in the ER, Theo and Grant are drawn to each other, their feelings deep right from the start. They have nothing in common, opposites in every way. But somehow it works…until it doesn’t. Their feelings are suddenly keeping them apart, and it’s hard to find a way back. Can they heal each other?"]

What a meet-cute. Could you call that a meet-cute? It wasn't a meet-ugly. Maybe a meet-awkward. Definitely not something anyone would forget soon. 

These two were something else. Grant wanted the whole nine-yard, romance and sap and ever after, but he could see that Theo was scared of what was brewing between them. Theo has only ever known momentary, one-night stands and flings and loneliness, but Grant made him think about more. Too bad these two hard to go through heartbreak to get to the happily ever after (spoiler alert); at least I didn't cry (somehow). 

#twostraightstoomany #hitormisskillorkiss #drawingthedoctor #unbreakmyheart #whereweleftoff #twobestmenonlyonebed #wheretheressmoke #romeoalexander #menoffortdale #menoffortdaleseries #heroesofportdale #heroesofportdaleseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)

I think I first saw "Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)" via some fanart one day (not sure if i...