Thursday, July 4, 2024

Paid In Full (Vitale Brothers #2)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (a series I've had on my long-term TBR list...a few times). Here's "Paid In Full." Its the second book in Brea Alepoú and Skyler Snow's Vitale Brothers series.

["I’m used to my life being insanity. A family of a-holes, being locked up, and a few loose screws? Yeah anyone would go crazy. (Not that I am. I’m different, that’s all). My brothers say I’m the loose canon of the family. The truth is that I’m the life of the party!

The party comes to a screeching halt when I meet Ash. Shy, younger, virgin. He’s everything I’m not attracted to. Give me an experienced partner anyday.

But there’s something about him that makes me want to keep him. Maybe I want to stoke that fire I see in his eyes. Or maybe I’m just lonelier than I thought.

Either way, he’s mine. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will take Ash away from me."]

Enzo might have had a thing for knives, but Gin named his favorite hammer. And somehow, that's cute to me. What's with these morally gray (dark gray) characters being cute as hell?!?! I mean, come one! They're already addictive as fuck, then you add on things that make them fluffy and adorable?! That should be illegal. "I didn't want him gone. Even if I had just threatened to hill him. // I would never. Unless he left me. That's not unreasonable, right?" Like fuuuuuuuuck, how is that cute!!???!!

When Gin first brought Ash into his home, he described him as a little nervous bunny (and then a puppy (and one time a hampster)), but holy hell, I don't think anyone (including Ash) was ready for the claws on that puppy. Or the teeth. But honestly, good for him. Gin needed tamed (and Ash deserved to find himself).

Quote of the Day (Gin//Ash//Gin): "I barked out a laugh. 'You just called me a whore throughout that entire encounter, and now you can't say the word sex?' // His cheeks reddened. 'Fuck off.' // I grinned harder. 'Ah, now you're saying fuck off just like me.' I clicked my tongue. 'I'm a goddamn awesome influence.'"

QotD 2 (Ash): “No surprise, I got the crazy brother.” I mean, Gin is the most batshit out of the brothers, but they’re all fucking crazy. 

Trigger Warnings: death, violence, detailed torture, mention of child abuse, mention of past child sex abuse, past neglect, human trafficking, sex trafficking, and more.

#takemeapart #paidinfull #sayido #neversaynever #enditall #vitalebrothers #vitalebrothersseries #breaalepoú #skylersnow #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)

I think I first saw "Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)" via some fanart one day (not sure if i...