Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Take Me Apart (Vitale Brothers #1)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (a series I've had on my long-term TBR list...a few times). Here's "Take Me Apart." Its the first book in Brea Alepoú and Skyler Snow's Vitale Brothers series.

["I have only one goal in life: Become a detective. It’s there, just out of reach, so close I can taste it. When I find out the Vitale family is about to be investigated again, I do what I do best.

Jump in head first.

There’s just one problem; Enzo Vitale. The man is red hot danger, every word a dare from his lips. And I never was one to turn away from a challenge…

But when things get rough, lies reign and deceit is around every corner. I find myself drawn to the one man I should be running from. The criminal whose hands are bathed in blood.

Am I falling for the enemy?"]

I'm. Fucking. Obsessed. I didn't think anything could come close to the Necessary Evils series with the Mulvaney brothers, but holy. fucking. shit. This series is a definite contender. This series is a set of toxic murder-boyfriend brothers with obsessive/possessive issues--but minus the altruism. They all definitely need therapy for there personal issues, but its okay, because the partners they full-on-claim also have things going on that make them not super stable either, so it works.

I'm obsessed with Enzo. He's fucking adorable, even though he likes wetwork and torture (and I'm not the only one who things so--Tex is just as obsessed, much to his dismay). And to answer Tex's question, he fell for the enemy that first night. But its okay, because Enzo fell then, too. ;)

QotD Part One: "'From now on, I'm the only one allowed to hurt you or make you cry. Every inch of you belongs to me.' I bit his lip. 'Even your life.' // Tex groaned. 'Yeah. Where do I sign, Satan?'"

QotD Part Two: "A soft smile graced Tex's face, and I was instantly hit with the desire to chain him up. I wanted him to smile at me like that, only me." // "Who knew a man like Enzo Vitale would be jealous of a little old cat?"

Trigger Warnings: death, violence, detailed torture, parental abuse, parental neglect, former drug abuse, mild knife play, autism, and more.

#takemeapart #paidinfull #sayido #neversaynever #enditall #vitalebrothers #vitalebrothersseries #breaalepoú #skylersnow #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)

I think I first saw "Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)" via some fanart one day (not sure if i...