Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Two Best Men, Only One Bed (Heroes of Port Dale #6)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (getting one step closer to crossing another author off my to-binge list). Here's "Two Best Men, Only One Bed." It's the sixth book in Romeo Alexander's Heroes of Port Dale series.

["Blake: Planning my twin brother’s wedding seemed like a feat on its own. But I’m the only family he’s got left, and really, I couldn’t be happier for him. Turns out, planning a wedding isn’t so hard, especially when the other best man is such a big help. Of course, I wasn’t expecting to have to share a bed with the man or to discover he’s a cuddler and a little handsy. Finding out he wasn’t as straight as I thought was a surprise, but not as surprising as finding out that apparently, neither am I.

Sean: I always dreamt of the day my little brother would get married. Planning the perfect wedding for him and the love of his life is a dream come true. Blake’s help has been invaluable, and I’m glad we’ve been able to grow closer over the past few weeks. It only took an accident, followed by a little courage on his part, to change everything, however. Now, my new friend is becoming so much more, and I’m not sure where we’re headed. How can you have a relationship with a man who’s spent his whole life being straight?

Two grooms, and one wedding. Two best men, and only one bed. How will it all add up in the end for Blake and Sean?"]

Okay, I thooouuught there was something of a spark between these two in Eric and Blaine’s book, something fun and snarky and cute, but I assumed I was just looking for something that wasn’t there. Then I read this blurb, and I legit “awwww”ed out loud. 

These two were ridiculously adorable. Their friendship was sweet and supportive (and snarky) as hell. I loved watching the interact, seeing those interactions became deeper, sweeter, and lustier. And, I gotta admit, I looooved the scene(s) where their brother's found out (and the few where they almost found out).

Also, really not sure why I'm SO put-out about it, but the cover has one of the models/MC wearing a nipple ring, and neither Blake nor Sean was mentioned having one. I knooooooow smitten/honry Sean would have mentioned it if Blake had one (Eric would have also had a smart-ass comment about it), and confused but aroused Blake would have found a way to be both jealous and intrigued by it if Sean had one. That's all.

Trigger Warnings: homophobia parents

#twostraightstoomany #hitormisskillorkiss #drawingthedoctor #unbreakmyheart #whereweleftoff #twobestmenonlyonebed #wheretheressmoke #romeoalexander #menoffortdale #menoffortdaleseries #heroesofportdale #heroesofportdaleseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)

I think I first saw "Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)" via some fanart one day (not sure if i...