Monday, July 1, 2024

Unbreak My Heart (Heroes of Port Dale #4)


I need a little ARC break, and I figured I might as well be productive about it (getting one step closer to crossing another author off my to-binge list). Here's "Unbreak My Heart." It's the fourth book in Romeo Alexander's Heroes of Port Dale series.

["Eric: At least my old police partner is leaving due to a promotion. Like everyone else in my life, my first and only love, Blaine Edwards, simply left me. Now he’s my new partner and the last person I want to see. But after eight years of nothing, I get to see him every day. I don’t care what he thinks, there’s nothing between us anymore, even if it kills me to say that.

Blaine: After eight years of military service, it’s time to do something new. Police work seems like a good transition, until I run into Eric. Of course, he hates me. Thing is, all it took was one look and I know what I’ve always known, all I ever wanted or will ever want is Eric. I don’t think I’m alone in that either, the trick is getting Eric to see it too.

Misunderstandings drove them apart. Fate has given them a second chance but will they take it? Will a near-fatal explosion and the sudden appearance of old love letters help? Love stands on a knife-edge in this story of two of Port Dale’s finest police officers."]

Second chance romances are always hard. Why didn't they work before? Why would they work now? Is what happened before forgivable? Acceptable? Is what's happening now even worth trusting? Redeeming? 

These two? They were everything and more. They were able to answer all of the above questions (okay, sure, Eric needed some help--or a gentle shove...off a cliff) and more. They were able to work through things and come out on the other side stronger than before. They were glorious in their redemption, in their forgiveness (and glorious in their stubbornness). 

#twostraightstoomany #hitormisskillorkiss #drawingthedoctor #unbreakmyheart #whereweleftoff #twobestmenonlyonebed #wheretheressmoke #romeoalexander #menoffortdale #menoffortdaleseries #heroesofportdale #heroesofportdaleseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)

I think I first saw "Tristan and Lancelot: A Tale of Two Knights (An Arthurian Love Story)" via some fanart one day (not sure if i...