Sunday, September 29, 2024

The Bone Doctor


What's more important? Reading something on your TBR list, finish the (one of many) book you just started, or binge read the latest D.K. Sutton book? OBVIOUSLY, its DK Sutton. Here's "The Bone Doctor" (which is part of a multi-author series titled Hot Nights in the Big Easy AND the first book in a new trilogy by DK).

["When an awkward naked man with amnesia shows up at my door, I have the usual alien, time-traveling assassin, lost tourist who partied too hard the night before.

This is New Orleans, so my money is on the last one.

What doesn’t make the list? A dinosaur shifter.

But there’s no time to dwell because something is chasing us. And Killian—not his real name, but Sexy Beast is a little too on the nose—is willing to take on the world for me. Which is a nice change since I’m usually to blame for everything. Just ask my mother or the New Orleans Police Department. 

As we run for our lives and investigate a murder somehow connected to me, Killian’s memory returns. Turns out, time traveling assassin isn’t that far off.

Now I'm hiding out with a gorgeous beast of a man who may or may not want to kill me. And there’s only one bed.

Is this my worst nightmare or a fantasy come true?"]

There was some fated moments, some moments that really really really alluded to a fated mates situation, and some redemption arc moments. What more could you want? Dino shifter + paleontologist. MC with amnesia. Insta-love. Only one bed. Touch him and die. Murder mystery. And some seriously compatible kinks. ;) Is that enough for you? How about the way Beau (paleontologist) calls Killian (dino shifter) "cher" from the very start? Talk about swoooon.

The novella ended on a series cliffhanger (or sorts) but a HEA for our happy couple (plus some hints at future mysteries and plots for them).

#thebonedoctor #dksutton #hotnightinthebigeasy #hotnightinthebigeasyseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Howl Avery's "Sweet.&qu...