Saturday, October 12, 2024

Lover Boy (The Boys of Apartment 13)


Another day, another arc due at the last minute. Here's "Lover Boy," the second book in Brianna Flores's The Boys of Apartment 13 series. 

["Lover boy Cadence Howard is unlucky in love...

Cade
Kissing my best friend was a stupid mistake. It earned me a few good hits to the face by his hulking boyfriend, Sebastian, and I can admit that I deserved that. Agreeing to let my stepbrother move in is another stupid mistake, and every single day since he moved in feels worse than Sebastian's beefy fists.
Nicolas Aldana has always hated me. His dad marrying my mom ruined his life, and he never lets me forget it. And I hate him too. I don't care how big of a glow-up the guy has had, I. Hate. Him.
But what I don't hate is the way his hands feel wrapped around my neck...

Nic
My life has sucked ever since my dad left me and my mom. My mom fell apart and my dad couldn't care less. Why would he? He had a new wife and a better son to love.
I can't stand my stepmom, but I hate my stepbrother. He's the son my dad loves and the friend everyone wants to be around. That's why living with him has to be temporary. There's just no way I can handle being couped up with him for long.
But there's just something about the way he takes my hate..."]

And another moment where I hate myself for waiting so long to read an ARC. I mean seriously, I've been waiting for this book for FOREVER. I wanted it before I knew it was the second in a series, and I wanted it even more after I read (and fell in love with) "Pretty Boy." You'd think this would teach me a lesson (it hasn't yet--not sure if (or when) that will happen).

Because honestly, this book was amazing. It was a looooot of hate and sooooo much hate-sex, but they eventually figured out some of those weird, swirly feelings and uncomfortable jealous-like thoughts meant they had accidentally fallen in love. Oops. ;) 

This one was a bit darker than the first novel, with the pain play and general hate. Be aware of some of the trigger warnings. Please. The negative thoughts and feelings of insecurities was a strooooong one, as was the depression and depictions of scars from self-harming. Read carefully. 

Also, I want Baby's book now. Like, right now. And Jax's. These twinks/thunks need their HEAs. 

Trigger Warnings: depictions of self harm and scaring (off-page), depictions of chronic pain, depression and anxiety, negative thoughts and feelings involving insecurities, death of a parent (by suicide, off-page), and more. 

#booksirens #arcs #arcteammember
#prettyboy #loverboy #goodboy #lonelyboy #briannaflores #theboysofapartment13 #theboysofapartment13sereies #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Millicent Quibb School of Etiquette for Young Ladies of Mad Science

I saw "The Millicent Quibb School of Etiquette for Young Ladies of Mad Science," and I KNEW I had to have it! Especially when I re...