Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The Swifts: A Gallery of Rogues (The Swifts #2)


It took me forever to finally get to this, but here we are! Beth Lincoln's "The Swifts: A Gallery of Rogues."

["Shenanigan Swift is headed to Paris, where new mysteries and new relatives await. The hilarious, quick-witted sequel to Beth Lincoln’s instant bestseller.

Now that the murderer has been caught and her family is safe, Shenanigan Swift can return her attention to important projects, like combing the lake bottom for the family treasure. But the routine won’t last for long, because a new adventure is about to begin--in Paris. Shenanigan, Phenomena, and their uncle Maelstrom are off to France to unravel the mystery of a strange series of elaborately staged art museum heists."]

I'm still OBSESSED with the names of these family members and how they're just PERFECT for them (or they are perfect for their names--still an undecided chicken-or-egg thing). Their name and the definition of such is so much of their personality. It's hilarious and far too clever. 

I love the word games in this one as well, even if the Martinet's used them against our Swifts. I love how Shenanigan worked through some feelings of abandonment more, and I looooove how the sisters were still so close after the ending of the last novel. 

The mystery itself took a little bit to get started, in my opinion, but once it did, I couldn't put this thing down.

#theswifts #theswiftstheseries #theswiftsadictionaryofscoundrels #adictionaryofscoundrels #theswiftsagalleryofrogues #agalleryofrogues #bethlincoln #thriller #yathriller #murdermystery #yamurdermystery #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Millicent Quibb School of Etiquette for Young Ladies of Mad Science

I saw "The Millicent Quibb School of Etiquette for Young Ladies of Mad Science," and I KNEW I had to have it! Especially when I re...