Here's "Hart" by Marina Pirlimpou. It's the second novel in her Body Heat series.
["It was supposed to be just one night.
One wonderful night with a handsome alpha at a business hotel.
I never expected him to set my heart and body on fire.
I never expected to walk away with a piece of him inside me.
And I never expected to see him again.
But when an interview for a PA position brings me to a security company a year later, it’s him behind the desk. My new boss.
He should be off-limits for so many reasons; we work together, he doesn’t know what happened after that night, and he carries shadows I know nothing about.
If only I didn’t remember what being in his arms felt like.
If only he didn’t look like he remembers it too."]
DEVON!
This one was sweet too and a little soft. But the mutual pining and the not-really-communicating-in-the-first-place miscommunication and the angst were killers. Back to back to back chapters of pure want and that feel of fate (and more) just outside your reach all mixed with the forbidden-ness of it all.
Oh but when the softness really set in, when the forbidden lines were so damn blurry? Wow.
Trigger Warnings: past trauma, panic attack, mention of past physical abuse of SC resulting in blindness, and more.
No comments:
Post a Comment