Here's Callie Colby's "Pass The Gravy, Praise The Dark Lord" It's the ninth book in her Hotter Than Hell series.
["I brought my boyfriend home to meet the parents. They want to sacrifice a goat to him. He just wants the mashed potatoes.
Bringing a new guy home for Thanksgiving is always stressful. It’s worse when your boyfriend is Lucian, a brooding, seven-foot-tall demon prince on vacation who thinks "casual wear" involves leather pants and a mesh shirt.
But the real problem isn’t Lucian. It’s my parents.
I thought their "hobby" was intense gardening. Turns out, they’re the High Priests of the Order of the Black Sun, and they’ve spent the last twenty years trying to summon the Dark Lord to Earth.
They don’t realize the Dark Lord is currently sitting at their dining table, politely asking for the cranberry sauce.
Now I’m stuck in a nightmare farce. My mom is hiding summoning sigils under the placemats, my dad is sharpening a ceremonial dagger in the garage, and Lucian is having the time of his immortal life. He thinks my parents are "charming fanatics" and keeps winking at me while they chant in Latin.
I need to get us through dessert without an apocalypse. But sneaking around to hook up in my childhood bedroom is getting complicated, especially when Lucian demands I worship him properly while my parents are downstairs trying to sacrifice the roast chicken in his honor."]
Casey: "This is going to be so much worse than I imagined." Cue my giggles.
Very next scene, Casey's parents are downstairs doing a ritual to worship the Dark Lord and upstairs, the Dark Lord is busy worshipping Casey. And then, later on, Casey worshipped his deity boyfriend.
Very next scene to that..Luce: "This is going to be a most entertaining holiday." Cue more giggles
In this one, the Dark Lord is literal Lucifer. Not the #ed Lord of Title, Adjective Something Meant To Be Intimidating. Lucifer. Or I guess "Lucian." Prince of Darkness. The Illuminated One. Prince of the Morning Star.
I loooved that Luce called Casey "my flame." I'm a sucker for pet names.
#summoningmrwrong #summoningmrwrongormrright #hisinfernalpurr #exorciseme #devilwearsnada #blueballingthedemon #mydemonmyhandyman #swipeupforsin #turnmeon #passthegravypriasethedarklord #calliecolby #hotterthanhell #hotterthanhellseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment