Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Turn Me On (Hotter Than Hell #8)


Here's Callie Colby's "Turn Me On." It's the eighth book in her Hotter Than Hell series. I'm reading them out of order; they're not connected anyway.

["I bought a knock-off smart speaker to save twenty bucks. I ended up with a demon who judges my Spotify Wrapped.

I just wanted to know the weather. Instead, the plastic cylinder on my counter started giving me unsolicited advice on blood rituals and insulting my taste in men. That’s Zarathos, a Demon of Forbidden Knowledge who is currently trapped in my Wi-Fi network.

After I accidentally short-circuited his prison with a spilled latte, he manifested in my living room. He’s six feet of glitchy, flickering perfection who buffers when the internet is slow and gets into screaming matches with Alexa.

But having a demon in your smart home has… complications. He doesn’t just control the thermostat or the lights. He’s hacked into everything.

Including the toys in my nightstand drawer.

I should probably perform an exorcism. But it’s hard to delete him when he knows exactly how to push my buttons—literally, digitally, and physically. I think I’ve been infected with malware, and I really don’t want to run a virus scan."]

These two were adorable. They connected over their love of technology. Miles loved his IT job, but hated his customers. Zarathos understood technology and how humans depended on it, but didn't know why or why they didn't use it to further enhance their ease of life. Zarathos used his access to tech to make Miles's life easier, even if Miles didn't approve. Their physical connection was also instant. Their emotional connection took some time, but they fostered that as well. 

I loved Zarathos's way of speaking, even if he half sounded like an old english duke and half sounded like a slightly-too-stuffy scientist. Miles loved it, too. ;)

#summoningmrwrong #summoningmrwrongormrright #hisinfernalpurr #exorciseme #devilwearsnada #blueballingthedemon #mydemonmyhandyman #swipeupforsin #turnmeon #passthegravypriasethedarklord #calliecolby #hotterthanhell #hotterthanhellseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tenebrous (Mayhem Manuscripts Season Two: Cryptids)

Here's Bree Wiley's "Tenebrous." It's a novel in the multi-author series, Mayhem Manuscripts Season Two: Cryptids. [...