Thursday, October 1, 2026

How Not to Kill a Hellhound (Hellhounds of Paradise Falls #5)


Here's Shannon Mae's latest book, "How Not to Kill a Hellhound," which is the fifth book in her series Hellhounds of Paradise Falls (which is a spin-off series from Demonic Disasters and Afterlife Adventures).

["Sebbie
Life’s pretty good. I love my job, I feed the crows in my yard, and I have some awesome friends. Sure, I was kidnapped by a cult recently, but my friends rescued me, so no harm done. And, okay, people do tend to die around me, but I work in a hospital. That’s normal… right? Death isn’t scary anyway—it’s just another beginning. Unfortunately, most guys I date don’t see it that way. My love life has been pretty empty, but I just met someone new. He’s ridiculously cute and even likes crows. I just hope he’s not scared off when he learns about my job.

Corbin
I take great satisfaction in removing hellbound souls from the world—especially the ones who prey on the weak. With my pack and my familiar, Crow, at my side, life is steady and peaceful. At least, it was until Sebbie. The cute, bubbly man is far more than he realizes, and he’s about to turn everything upside down. There’s just one little he doesn’t know the supernatural exists… or that he’s a supernatural being. I want to help him harness his powers"]

And the official tags (because they're the best): ["Crows hold grudges; Death is actually cheerful; Corbin’s as obsessed with shiny things as his birds; The pack shows up to create chaos; Thea is determined to be Sebbie’s new bestie; Jude doesn’t get arrested (or maybe he does?); there’s torture and death (but only of really bad people); hellhounds have tails, and they know how to use them."]

Sebbie: "Yeah, that probably did my chances with Corbin. Kidnapping and death weren't really a good meet-cute story." Think again little Sebbie. 

A reaper and a hellhound walk into a cult... Honestly, these two were cosmically perfect for each other. Sebbie can ferry the people he cares about, good and kind souls, over to their loved ones, and Corbin can eat the evil souls that Sebbie reaps (on purpose or otherwise). Adorable and kinda career-goals. 

Sebbie was similar to Toby when he learned about the supernatural/paranormal, but also...the opposite. He accepted that magical and mystical things could, in theory, happen--just like, theoretically, angels and demons are real ( ;) ). And in his dreams, which weren't really dreams at all, anything goes. But connecting those two? Toby jumped right on that; it took Sebbie a little longer. 

Then there's Corbin. Always there, always conforming, always warm and safe.

Spoiler: I kneeew that man in the black suit was Luce. And yet, I still teared up. 

Trigger Warnings: torture, death, maiming (but only of really bad people), past trauma, violence, death of a loved on, cult references, repressed memories, feelings of dissociation, and more.

#howtoflirtwithahellhound #howtohackahellhound #howtotameahellhound #howtotrustahellhound #hownottokillahellhound #howtocatchahellhound #hellhoundsinparadisefalls #hellhoundsinparadisefallsseries #shannonmae #demonicdisastersandafterlifeadventures #demonicdisastersandafterlifeadventuresseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Catch a Hellhound (Hellhounds of Paradise Falls #6)

Here's Shannon Mae's latest book, "How to Catch a Hellhound," which is the sixth and final book in her series Hellhounds o...