Here's Rae Stone's "Palingenesis." It's a novel in the multi-author series, Mayhem Manuscripts Season Two: Cryptids.
["New town. New place.
It’s small but it’s exactly what I was looking for when I scoured the map for inspiration.
Coming to Bearcreek felt like a taste of the freedom I’ve been so desperately waiting for.
A town painted in celebration with a local legend is just a bonus.
A fresh start that was supposed to rejuvenate me.
But it’s the past I brought along that might destroy me.
If I don’t go up in flames first."]
My very first thoughts about Henry: I hope someone tortures and murders him. Fuck Henry.
Then things got a little confusing (not about Henry--fuck Henry). Nightmares and dreams mixed with reality. Nonlinear timelines. Missing weeks/months. I was soo lost. Then again, so was Shannon.
I really liked the first epilogue, how fate can bring them back together after a death, how their story was shared and popularized.
And honestly, I totally get why the author's favorite line of this piece was "Hello, beloved."
Trigger Warnings: domestic abuse, verbal abuse, isolation, noncon/dubcon, mentions of fire/wildfire, gaslighting, manipulation, forced amnesia, pain and trauma surrounding hearing loss/hearing devices, isolation, and more.
#palingenesis #raestone #pareidolia #mortis #tenebrous #hollow #feral #tenebrous #golden #hush #leech #noctis #solivagant #solais #marked #mayhemmanuscripts #mayhemmanuscriptsseasontwo #mayhemmanuscriptscryptids #mayhemmanuscriptsseasontwocryptids #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment