Here's Amy Padilla's latest: "The Barbarian Guide." It's the fifth novel in her Savagely Sweet series, which is a Not-So-Savage Barbarian's spin-off.
["I never thought I’d meet my best friend while rescuing townsfolk from Eldara. Bram was quiet, shy, and it took time for him to warm up to me. But now, a year later, I look forward to our visits. He lives in Talqara, not far from the settlement and our visits are too far and few between for me.
On my most recent visit, Bram surprised me with a gift for the clan. A gift that could give us an independence we’d lost after moving to our new home. The clan leaders of the settlement asked him to share his gift with all the clans. As the clan leaders were deciding who would escort him, I volunteered.
I didn’t expect the attention he received from other clan brothers would incense me the way it did. For the first time in my life, I wanted something more. I wanted to claim the sweet man who’d ensnared my heart."]
I loved how sweet these two were! They were great friends, so innately conformable with each other, easy to talk to, instant trust. Going on a physical journey helped them go on an emotional one. Their romantic relationship was just as easy and just as innate as their frienship. It just flowed.
There was very, very little angst. Some minor not-necessarily-miscommunication but we-haven't-talked-about-after-and-I'm-afraid-to-bring-it-up (mixed with the-future-is-scary). Not to mention the whole Nadia thing (kkknnneeewww I remembered her from somewhere).
So many barbarians, so many weird and difficult and fun situations, so many HEAs. I can't wait to see where we go next in this series/universe.
#barbariansheart #escapingtothebarbarians #thebarbariansmusician #betweentwobarbarians #thebarbarianguide #becomingabarbarian #savagelysweet #savagelysweetseries #notsosavagebarbarians #notsosavagedbarbariansseries #amypadilla #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment