Monday, October 5, 2026

Silent Damage (The Bad Boys of Belmont #2)


Here's "Silent Damage" by Blane Bellamy. This is the second novel The Bad Boys of Belmont series.

["Jason
My whole life people hurt me, but no one as much as Gabe.
He was supposed to be my best friend.
My everything.
His mom wrecked my home, and Gabe broke my heart.
I had every intention of never seeing Gabe again, but when my mom kicked me out, I had nowhere to go except back to Belmont.
Alone in a trailer with Gabe…my now stepbrother.
Now he’s back in my life, and he won’t talk to anyone.
Except me.
And that shouldn’t make my chest tighten the way it does.
Everything about him lights a fire low in my stomach that’s impossible to ignore.
But I can’t let him back in.
I'll join the HellCats, make the money I need, and get out.
I’m done drying people’s tears.
Nobody ever dried mine.

Gabe
I haven’t spoken since the night it happened. The night that changed my life forever.
In less than a month, I lost my best friend, my dad, and then my mom.
I won’t speak.
Because I don’t deserve to speak.
I don’t deserve to take up space in this world.
Nothing matters except for waiting for my mom to come home so I can hold her again.
Then he came back.
Jason
He was everything to me, but he despises me now.
He acts like he can’t stand me, but I catch those longing glances—the way he licks his lips when I’m close.
I want Jason to wreck me.
I don’t care how much he hates me, just as long as his hands are on me.
But the deeper Jason falls into the HellCats, the more dangerous loving him becomes.
I hate that he’s doing it.
But I’ll accept it.
For him."]

Well there wasn't anything sweet about this one (at least for a while--at least out loud). The hurt-hurt was strrrooong (that would be hurt/comfort without the comfort--unless you count fleeting, meaningful looks). Them came the comfort, sprinkled with some small hurts. All the while Jason is trying to join a gang Gabe knows for a fact could be a death sentence. 

And then I took a break because I figured, based on the first novel (and a gut feeling), one of these two (or both) were going to make me cry. I was right. I sobbed. Sad tears (so many sad tears) and then happy tears. 

I honestly canNOT wait for Tobias's story. God, I can see the angst now. Ohh, or Mac; he might have a fun HEA in there somewhere. 

Trigger Warnings: domestic violence, physical violence, traumatic injury, self-imposed mutism, murder, use of a fire arm, traumatic childhood experiences, and more.

#revvedup #silentdamage #thebadboysofbelmont #thebadboysofbelmontseries #blanebellamy #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Silent Damage (The Bad Boys of Belmont #2)

Here's "Silent Damage" by Blane Bellamy. This is the second novel The Bad Boys of Belmont series. ["Jason My whole life p...