Thursday, January 31, 2019

Goodbye January


Well, it's somehow the end of January already. February is here. Which is....wow.

Part of the reason I started this blog/IG account was to keep myself accountable. So here I am, checking in with my resolutions:
(1) Keep learning
(2) Write [almost] every day
(3) Don't stop reading
(4) Complete something (e.g. a manuscript)
(5) Get [a little] professional 

(1) No real "evidence" of this to share. Though living life counts as learning, right?

(2) For a while, I was writing short, short stories in a prompt book. Two a day. But that has sort of fallen out of rhythm with me working on resolution #4. But I've still been writing almost every day, and it feels good to be back in a writing rhythm.

(3) Oh, I haven't stopped. If anything, I accelerated. In January, I've read a total of 13 books. If I keep this up, I'm set to break my total yearly record from 2018. Here's to hoping my February count doesn't fall too short. *fingers crossed*

I'm not even going to attempt to tell you all the books I purchased this month. Mostly because it was a lot (like an obnoxious amount), but also because I can't remember. 

(4) Obviously, I haven't finished a manuscript yet. But I have three work in progresses. I'm working really hard (as hard as one can as a full-time employee and reading 13 books). I'm excited about it. Trying not to focus on the negatives this early in the game. I have ~76 pages done, and though they look more like a screenplay than a novel, I'm really happy with it.

(5) I've loved this blog/IG account. It's helped me share my love of reading. I'm gotten to get back into photography, even if its only of books.  So far, I have 30 posts--and counting (that includes this one, but not any else I might or might not post this evening). 

All and all really successful, in my opinion. 

I'm going to (try) to do this at the end of every month, or close to it (that is, if I remember, and my life isn't too too crazy at that time).

How are your resolutions holding up?

What are your big February reads? Anything I should check out?

As we say at the daycare I work at during circle time:
"Goodbye, January!"
"Hello, February!"
It sounds silly, but just imagine 6-10 two year olds repeating that after you. It could make almost anyone smile.


#newyearsresolutions #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #completesomething #getprofessional #goodbyejanuary #hellofebruary #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Hide Your Stolen Baby (Closet Baby Chronicles #4)

Here's Anna Winheart's "How To Hide Your Stolen Baby." It's the fourth novel in her Closet Baby Chronicles series. Bec...