Sunday, January 13, 2019

Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom


I read "Six of Crows" by Leigh Bardugo (and the naturally "Crooked Kingdom", for obvious reasons) a few weeks ago for the first time. 

Today, I learned that Netflix is picking up a TV series based off the Grishaverse Series (a trilogy that came before the "Six of Crows" duloagy and that is loosely linked (same universe, different characters)). 
Amazingly enough, the Netflix series will include the "Six of Crows" duloagy.

Now, we all know that Netflix is pretty on top of their stuff lately with remakes/original series/movies based on books, so I'm pretty pumped about this.

However, I only read the duloagy, not the trilogy. In all fairness, I discovered "Six of Crows" first and couldn't imagine reading another series related in the same wonderful world without the six cute/precious little murdering/conniving rebel outcasts that I fell in love with.


*Sigh* But I guess with this Netflix thing coming out, I'll have to read the original Grishaverse trilogy. I mean, force myself to read yet another widely popular, incredibly famous series by a fabulous author? Poor me. #nomorners #nofunerals


And here's the pitch for "Six of Crows" that I feel compelled to add in here because everyone should read it:
"Six of Crows" is a young adult, action-adventure-fantasy novel that reminded me of the movie "Ocean's Eight" (which I've seen at least twice since it came out on DVD).

"Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can’t pull it off alone.… A convict with a thirst for revenge. A sharpshooter who can’t walk away from a wager. A runaway with a privileged past. A spy known as the Wraith. A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums. A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes. Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz’s crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction–if they don’t kill each other first.

#sixofcrows #crookedkingdom #shadowandbone #siegeandshadow#runandrising #netflixoriginalseries

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Hide Your Stolen Baby (Closet Baby Chronicles #4)

Here's Anna Winheart's "How To Hide Your Stolen Baby." It's the fourth novel in her Closet Baby Chronicles series. Bec...