Thursday, January 24, 2019

To All The Boys I've Loved Before

I first read "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" by Jenny Han after I watched the Netflix movie adaptation. Yeah, yeah, yeah. You should always read the book first. I know. Trust me, I know. But the movie was so cute and adorable that I needed to read the book (and the other two in the series).


"To All The Boys I've Loved Before" follows Lara Jean, who falls in love quickly and consumingly. To help herself get over these crushes, she writes love letters, ones she never intends to send. 

What happens when these five letters disappear and end up in the hands of the boys she had had crushes on in the past: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend. 

Besides the Romeo and Juliet troupe, my other favorite cliche is the fake-relationship-turns-into-real-feelings, which "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" follows with some very interesting results.

"PS I Still Love You" is the compelling sequel in which Lara Jean deals with her new boyfriend as well as an old crush that brings up old feelings.

The trilogy caps out with "Always and Forever, Lara Jean" as she deals with relationships, both romantic and familial, senior year excitement, and college acceptance nerves.

The "To All The Boys I've Loved Before" trilogy is a very easy, very compelling read. You won't have any trouble getting through these (I read them all in a single weekend).


#toalltheboysivelovedbefore #psistillloveyou #alwaysandforeverlarajean #jennyhan #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Hide Your Stolen Baby (Closet Baby Chronicles #4)

Here's Anna Winheart's "How To Hide Your Stolen Baby." It's the fourth novel in her Closet Baby Chronicles series. Bec...