Friday, May 31, 2019

Goodbye May

May...sigh.
June...sigh (x2).

Here I am again checking in with my 2019 resolutions:
(1) Keep learning
(2) Write [almost] every day
(3) Don't stop reading
(4) Complete something (e.g. a manuscript)
(5) Get [a little] professional 


This month was...pretty good. I didn't read 100 books, but my book count was still darn good. I didn't write 1000 great pages, but I did write a bunch of pretty good ones.


(1) Again, no real "evidence" of this to share. 

(2) Near the end of the month I started to get better at this, working on #4. 

(3) I read...some in May. I think I read about 4 books in total. Which isn't a lot but...(see point 4)

(4) My manuscript has ~153 pages done (and counting). That's about 40 more than last month, all done in the last two weeks or so, too. Which didn't feel like a lot at first, but wow 40 pages. Not to brag (imma brag), but I'm awesome. And my doc is starting to look more like a book. I've figured out a new method and new techniques, and it's working. Yay, writing. And, I'm sorry, but I'm going to say it, I'm just really proud of myself.

(5) Posts in May: 14 (that includes this one).

I'm going to (try) to do this at the end of every month, or close to it (that is, if I remember, and my life isn't too too crazy at that time).


What are your big June reads?
Anything I should check out?


As we say at the daycare I work at during circle time:
"Goodbye, May!"
"Hello, June!"
It sounds silly, but just imagine 6-10 two year olds repeating that after you. It could make almost anyone smile.




#newyearsresolutions #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #completesomething #getprofessional #goodbyemay #hellojune #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...