Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Social Distancing

Being an introvert, I should love social distancing. That whole "I've been practicing this my whole life" meme and whatnot. It's been three days. I'm already done. Well, I want to be done.

Because I can't take a joy-ride trip to Starbucks or an I'm Bored Lets Go To Target shopping spree. I mean, in theory, I could, but I won't. I'm not risking those I love.

My work, like so many others around the country and around the world, had elected to shut down for two weeks to try to stop the spread of corona, to flatten the curve. I miss my kiddos. Like a lot. Like a lot a lot. Eleven more days to go (at the very minimum).

I've cleaned the house. The entire thing. Top to bottom. Every inch. Scrubbed, washed, dusted, swept. Every freaking part. It's clean.

And because I'm totally avoiding everything I could be SHOULD BE getting done with all this unexpected free time:

Writing.
Reading.

So like...how to does one motivate themselves to get things done? Any advice?

Maybe I'll make macaroons tomorrow. Or, well, I've always wanted to try to make croissants.
Can't go on my trip to Europe anymore (well its postponed until October), might as well read and eat like I am there.


#socialdistancing #coronavirus #nomotivation #reading #writing #writerproblems #baking #avoidingwriting #books #bookstagam #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...