Friday, April 17, 2020

Writing/Editing Update

This was me last night. Totally and completely channeling Janet. Like Jaison-and-Tahani-doing-it Janet but pre-Derek Janet. With all that glitching. Yeah.


So I figured out how to go through my entire manuscript (which right now is in four separate word document) and highlight any and all use of the To Be verbs (aka the ever hated passive voice).

Except, it didn't highlight all of the contractions that contained To Be verbs.
And, it highlighted all of the To Be verbs in my dialogue.
So it was a really, really cool discovery. Until, I went full Janet and had to go through and un-highlight passive voice in my dialogue.

I've attached how to highlight passive voice in your word document in case you want to give it a shot. Just be warned, it might only be 80% worth it.


#passivevoice #writing #editing #writerproblems #wordproblems #janet #thegoodplace #socialdistancing #coronavirus #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...