Saturday, May 30, 2020

Alex In Wonderland

I bought "Alex in Wonderland" about a week ago (during a slight guilty book buying spree--after I told myself that I wouldn't be buying any books until I got thru some of my TBR pile (I failed myself again yesterday and bought three more books, a series, if that helps)).

N E Way. "Alex in Wonderland" by Simon James Green. Seriously, so good. So freaking cute. So freaking full of so much second-hand embarrassment (sooo freaking much). But some much fluff. And so much character growth.

Alex is like seriously a gay disaster. I feel like I say that a lot about a lot of characters, but honestly, he has redefined gay disaster. Because he's a freaking disaster. And hella gay.

["In the town of Newsands, painfully shy Alex is abandoned by his two best friends for the summer. But he unexpectedly lands a part-time job at Wonderland, a run-down amusement arcade on the seafront, where he gets to know the other teen misfits who work there. Alex starts to come out of his shell, and even starts to develop feelings for co-worker Ben... who, as Alex's bad luck would have it, has a girlfriend.

Then as debtors close in on Wonderland and mysterious, threatening notes start to appear, Alex and his new friends take it on themselves to save their declining employer. But, like everything in Wonderland, nothing is quite what it seems..."]

NOTHING is what it seems.


Go read this book. Please, go. Do it now.
Do it for the idealist, middle of nowhere, practically the British-equivalent of a redneck town (a sea side town, just short of London). Do it for the quirky amusement park (who doesn't love old claw games). Do it for the gay (with pride month coming and all).

#alexinwonderland #gayinwonderland #gaydisaster #simonjamesgreen #pridemonth #socialdistancing #coronavirus #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...