Saturday, May 16, 2020

IMPORTANT Writing Editing Update

Okay, don't freak out, but here it goes. I think my manuscript is almost ready to start sending out.

Trying to be positive and confident in myself and my writing abilities. But ya know, anxiety and self-doubt (hiya) like to stay close.

But it's almost ready. Just a few steps away.

Now, I find myself in need of a little guidance. I need a few readers to help me proof my piece (looking for things like consistency and whether or not things are just all around 'working').

[[[          My manuscript, "Two Moves Ahead" is a queer, magical realism YA romance novel following Cyrus Lux and Chander Nox. 
          Cyrus was born from the sun, and Chander was born from the moon. With a feud to rival that of the Montagues and the Capulets, their two families quarreled and clashed for centuries.
          After a massive, property-damaging food fight at their high school, Cyrus, Chander, and their friends work off their community service hours doing maintenance at a kid's summer camp. Strange situations and spilling secrets bind Cyrus and Chander together. With a few complications, confessions and confrontations along the way, they fall in love.]]]


I have a list of questions and concerns to help you (well, to help me) continue to fine-tune my novel. If you are at all interested, please send me a message, and we can discuss this thing further.

Please note, I'll only be able to have a very small handful of people read it. I would love to have all of your opinions/comments/critiques, but I don't want too many cooks in the kitchen, if you will.

Also, please note, I have to know you in real life to have you help me out. I love all of you, but this is my baby and I need people I trust.

Thank you!




PS...weird editing note, when I switched POV and tense (from third to first and from past to present) I lost fifteen-ish pages. not upset (I really like the changes). just weird (didn't expect that much of a page change--went from 451 to 439).

#almosttherefolks #anyonewanttovolunteerastribute? #writing #editing #writerproblems #editingproblems #socialdistancing #coronavirus #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...