Saturday, February 27, 2021

Fling (a Nothing Serious series)

I apologize for the lack of updates. And I also apologize for the post/review spam about to come your way.

Casual hook ups leading so more than. Childhood crush turned first love (childhood crush being your bestie's older brother). Summer fun. What more can you ask for? Fireworks?? Because Baylin Crow's "Fling" (a Nothing Serious series book) is all of that and more.

["Our time together has an expiration date.

HAYDEN: I don't remember a time when I didn't love him.

The only guy I've ever wanted sees me as nothing more than the kid next door and his younger sister's best friend. But when Dean comes home after college graduation, things are different. I've grown up, and the way his golden-brown gaze scorches a path over my body tells me he's noticed. When he makes me an offer I should refuse, I'm caught between my feelings for him and logic screaming that this idea is doomed to end in heartbreak.

DEAN: I'm not interested in anything serious but I need to have him.

I plan on spending a few months at home relaxing before beginning my dream internship. What I don't count on is my little sister's best friend sending me for a loop. He should be off-limits, but the pull I feel toward him is too strong to ignore. When I come up with a solution to spend the summer together in secret, I'm sure I have it all figured out. I just need to work him out of my system.

It’s supposed to be free of complications…a fling. By the end of summer, it’s anything but simple."]

I might have cried. Or bawled. Who's really keeping score though?

I read this one in record time. And like when I mean record time, I mean record time. 

I know I said that X is my favorite trope, but this book really had a shit ton of my favorite tropes. 

And just the obvious love but obliviousness of the characters was just like *chef's kiss*.

((And not to compare this Dean to Dean Winchester, but both of them have A. some fatherly issues to work on, B. a sexual identity/love crisis, C. a cute little nerd who's been in love with them for years but too embarassed to say anything until its practically/almost too late (still haven't seen the last season of #Supernatural, still avoiding it because of the queer-baiting and queer-punishing that still has me boiling))).

#fling #nothingserious #anothingseriousseries #baylincrow #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...