Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Shipping Our Loves (Valentine's Inc Cruises #8)


Okay, yes, another deviation from my TBR piles, but in all fairness, this series (Cruises) is linked to the Valentine's Inc series (a lot of the same authors were invited to contribute, the whole cupid company idea is the same, and a lot of the side characters in the original series are now main characters in this one) and each book has a cute ship-themed title. The eighth book in this series is titled "Shipping Our Loves," and it's by Sammi Cee. 

["Davis
Life hasn’t been the same since Conrad and I lost our boyfriend Eric in a tragic accident. We’ve started looking for a third again, but the men we’ve met are wanting a one-time experience. It’s all just fun to them, but this is our lifestyle, and we want another man to love.

Conrad
I’m missing our man more than words can say, but that isn’t the only problem. I’d never told my family I was in a triad, so when they came to the funeral and treated Davis like a close friend, without knowing the depth of his sorrow, it gutted me. He deserves better than that. As hopeful as I am we’ll meet someone on this cruise, I’m not sure I’m ready to live honestly.


Shane
When my friends convince me to splurge and treat myself for a college graduation present, I wasn’t sure a singles cruise was the way to go. What are the chances that the only two men I’m interested in now that I’m here are looking for a third, or that one of them is my best friend’s older brother? But maybe a few days of living the fantasy won’t hurt anyone.

Fun in the sun is easy, but what happens when three men go back to real life? Lucky for Conrad and Shane, Davis has his eye on the prize and he’s not backing down."]

Every time I come across a triad in a novel, I'm hesitate. And every time, I'm blown away.

Each and every character in this novella were fully-developed and flawed and sweet and caring and just... 

Shane just fit in with Davis and Conrad; he had things in common with both of them, whether it be habits or history. It went from a friendship and feeling like a third wheel to Shane to a full-fledged and fully committed relationship within the span of the cruise. Davis knew what he wanted and that he'd get it as soon as he saw Shane stand up to and bicker with Conrad. Conrad needed a little encouragement, with his own past and secrets, but once he accepted the inevitable, he was gone too.

God, this book was soooooo good! Fully recommend.

#shippingourloves #sammicee

#shipwork #shippingorders #shiphappens #battleship #luckoftheship #shippingthecaptain #abandoningship #shipoff #upshipcreek #cruises #cruisesinc #valentinesinccruises #valentinesinccruisesseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...