Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Want Me (Extracurricular Activities #1)


Not sure I have any rhyme or reason to why I read next. Here's Neve Wilder's Extracurricular Activities series. The first novel is "Want Me."

["Two roommates. One calculus exam. A whole lot of extracurricular activity.

Living with four other guys, it's bound to happen.
Every guy's been caught taking care of business at least once, right?
It shouldn't be a big deal.

But I don't know Eric as well as my other roommates, and things are a little awkward now.
He's a loner. A mystery. Quietly confident. Smart.
Sexy as hell.

I've been happily subsisting on the typical frat guy diet of booze and sorority girls.
But the way Eric looked at me that night?
There was something there.
Something that's got me curious.
Something that's stirring up feelings I thought I'd left behind for good.

Something that's making me think I'm not as straight as I thought I was.

I can't get him off of my mind.
I don't think I want to.

So when he offers to help me study for a midterm, I take him up on it.

It's innocent.
Probably. Maybe.

There's no way I could've known what it'd start..."]

This book had no fucking right being like it is? No. Fucking. Right. All of the steam and the spice and the sex?! Yes, I said the same thing three different ways; read this book, and you'll understand that it deserves three different ways. 

It was so just...not innocent, not experimental. God, no. It was domination and possession and world-tilting and earth-shattering.
It was shared secrets and locked-up secrets.
It was fluff hidden in stolen moments and pining and being constantly nearing the edge of heart-break. 

I mean, hell, The angst?!  Pretty sure I didn't breathe for a majority of this novel. But it was so work it. So fucking worth it.

#wantme #tryme #showme #nevewilder #extracurricularactivities #extracurricularactivitiesseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...